Recipe to make Egusi soup
- Egusi (blended)
- Vegetable (Ugwu)
- Kpomo (Cow skin)
- Salt, seasoning cubes, pepper
- Locust Beans (iru) *** optional
- Palm Oil
- Meat (any of your choice)
How to make Egusi Soup (Directions)
Before you start this process, make sure that you have boiled your meat, because, you may need the stock(water that you use to boil your meat)
- Pour some drops of palm oil into the pot
- After 3 seconds, pour your blended Egusi and stir fry till well mixed with the oil.
- Add the stock liquid from the boiled meat
- Add more seasoning cubes if need be
- Stir for a minute or 2
- Cover pot for the soup to cook for 10 minutes
- When the palm oil separates from the Egusi(as seen in the video), it means; “Soup don almost done”
- Add your sliced Kpomo (Cow Skin)
- Stir in the Kpomo well
- Add your Vegetables (Ugwu)
- Add your Meat and stir again
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Soup is ready!